Oi Kwan Foundation has a dedicated and diverse Board of Directors, all of whom come from different personal and professional backgrounds.
Pamela Carol Won, President
– Pam joined the board in 2015 and is retired from a career in public education. A lifelong volunteer, Pam is active in her faith community and several not-for-profit organizations.
Leonard Chow-Wah, CPA, CA, Vice President
– Leonard is a Chartered Professional Accountant who served as Vice-President of Tax for Suncor Energy where he was responsible for stewardship of the Enterprise Tax. He also holds a Bachelor of Commerce Degree from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario. He is an active volunteer and supporter of numerous charities and not-for-profit organizations including the Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre Association where he is currently the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President.
Joyce Lew, Secretary
– Joyce is currently retired.
Margot Aftergood, Director – Personnel
– Margot has an Urban Planning Degree from Mount Royal University and is now a licensed insurance broker working as a Business Development Manager at Lundgren & Young Ltd. She has been a longtime Calgary resident and is active on many Boards within the city, including St. Andrew-Caledonian Scottish Society, executive member on the Board of the Calgary Presbyterial United Church, past president of the Calgary Women’s Presbyterial, and of course, Oi Kwan Foundation.
Edward Huang, Director – Personnel
– Edward’s career has focused on investment management and accounting. He assists with client service, financial reporting, administration, investment research, modelling and trading. Edward scored in the top one percentile of his MBA graduating class and completed a professional accounting designation (CMA, CPA). He has successfully completed the CFA Level II exam and is writing the final CFA Level III exam hoping to earn the Chartered Financial
Analyst (CFA) designation. He has volunteered for Calgary Drop Inn Centre, Inn From the Cold, Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids and OI KWAN Foundation. In his spare time, Edward enjoys travelling, reading, watching a favorite movie, swimming, badmintonand exercising..
Thomas Cheuk, Director
– Thomas is a former professor of Health Economics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba. He is currently the Publisher for Canada 88 News. He also volunteers in leadership roles in numerous community organizations such as Calgary Chinatown Lions Club, Calgary Chinese Community Service Association, Chinese Language School, among others.
Fiona Lee, Treasurer
– Fiona is a Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada, with many years of experience working in both the Oil & Gas industry as well as in public practice. She is a certified teacher in Alberta, and has previously held a leadership role at the Chinese School. Fiona has been actively involved in the Chinese Community since she moved to Calgary in 1994.
Dale Lee Kwong, Director
– Dale Lee Kwong is third-generation Chinese-Canadian, and a native Calgarian. She was involved in Youth Group at Chinese United in the 1970s and 80s. She graduated from Ryerson with a BAA in Radio and Television. After a career as an ENG News Editor at Global Calgary, Dale retired in 2014 to focus on her writing. She has published and produced plays, poetry, and creative non-fiction. She believes in philanthropy and volunteerism. Most recently she has been involved with I Love YYC Chinatown, Jane’s Walk, and various theatre companies.